Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oral 6

Picture 6
This is a picture depicts an experiment taking place in a classroom . 4 children and a woman are gathered around the table to conduct a pulley experiment. This is a co-education school as there are both boys and girls o this picture. Looking at the elegantly dressed teacher, she must have just returned from a science excursion and is brimming with vitality. She is demonstrating to the students how to utilise a pulley, to reduce force or change the direction of the force by pulling the rope. In my opinion it is important to bring science theory to life through physical experiment to grab the attention of the students. The keen boy to the right, has his right hand raised energetically as though he wants to try the pulley. Beside him, is a bespectacled student busy recording his observations. Opposite him is a studious looking girl staring intensely at the pulley , holding her pen hesitantly probably because she is unsure whether her hypothesis is right or wrong.It is an irony that although the teacher is smiling, her students are not. Maybe, this experiment is a test to train them on their observation skills which shows why they are not smiling.

Conversation
(I WILL REDO) I enjoy Science. It is a really meaning subject that requires all five senses to participate in science experiments. It's appeal to me is further brightened by my absolutely amazing science teacher who muses my classmates with fascinating theories. I enjoy working with my hands. It is better then sitting motionlessly in class while listening to teachers' lectures. After all my hands always start to itch if i don't use them! I feel that it is better to do things as we get to experience how it feels like and may apply them in further when applicable. It is just like conducting a science experiment without any demonstration but only relying notes. Imagine how helpless i will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IBAR


IBARwidget! .

IMe

My photo
singapore, singapore, Singapore